Everything Else

VCF West is happening this August

VCF Website wrote: When:

August 6-7, 2016

Where:

Computer History Museum, 1401 N. Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View, California (SGI's old place! :D )

What:

Exhibits (and exhibit registration) — Hands-on exhibits are presented Saturday and Sunday. You’ll find demos of 1960s minicomputers, 1970s homebrew systems, 1980s eight-bitters, and a few oddities. Some exhibits contain pristine original machines, while others focus on unique modern hacks, and everything in between.

Keynotes — Come see our impressive keynote speakers! Check back soon for details…

Consignment — Vintage Computer Festivals are not flea/swap events, however we do offer a consignment room. Complete a system form and we’ll try our best to sell your on-topic items. Our fee is 15% of final sales.

Vendors — Do you work for a business that may interest our audience? If so, then you may qualify for a professional vendor booth.

Food — Where they are computer nerds, there must be food! Items such as bagels, muffins, coffee, snacks, hot dogs, soft drinks, etc. will be available.

Don’t forget — CHM is the world’s best computer museum, and it will be fully open during VCF West. Do not miss your chance to see their incredible exhibits.

Tickets:

Ticket details will be posted soon.

More info should pop up on their website soon.

If memory serves, there has not been a festival on the west coast for close to ten years. It's been a long time. There's a lot of people currently excited over this.
I wanted to go back to Tokyo again this summer......but with some persuasion I could instead reserve a booth there myself and see if I can be The SGI Guy . I got a number of old enough machines and software I can demonstrate plus some interesting peripherals. It's just....expensive. Man, ignoring the 3000km or so it takes to get there, back when the CAD was at parity in 2013 it cost me $1000 alone in gas there and back with an empty car. I dare guess what would happen once we throw in an Onyx, 4D/20, Indy, Indigo, a PS/2 and all the monitors and peripherals...... :shock:
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
It's been so long! I'm going to bring the Tomy Tutor family back. They display well and the kids love them.
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...