Everything Else

Terry Pratchett died

Sad. But I can surely assume that all on here are familiar with his discworld novels (starting with 'The colour of magic', 1983). I most liked the 'witches' sub-series, beginning with 'Wyrd sisters', 1988. And there's "Reaper Man" (1991) - when read between the lines, it's probably the craziest love-story ever written.

RIP.
Curious: the first recorded successful pregnancy brought forth a murderer...
First Spock...er, Leonard Nimoy...now Pratchett. Really enjoyed his earlier ones. Probably the best introduction to the series is the first book, The Color of Magic. For me, the funniest was Pyramids. Some of the entries with stronger plots, Sourcery and Reaper Man.
I've enjoyed all of the half dozen or so books of Pratchett's that I've read so far. Which is no mean feat, given that they were all pretty much selected at random. Well, Colour of Magic was probably recommended, but Hogfather , Going Postal and Making Money , etc were picked up based on his track record. Sad news, even if expected.
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
Too bad he's left this place. I'll always remember this quote, since it works on so many levels.

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”
:Fuel: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy:

Person A: "I'm going to hack the Internet."
Person B: "Which one?"
Person A: (dramatic pause) "ALL of them!"